Her story sweeps from her birth during an allied bombing raid in Budapest, to life under post-war Russian occupation, escape and life as a refugee in Austria, a strict convent school life in America, and on to Germany where she becomes an actress.
Whilst international fame would follow through roles in the James Bond (ON HER MAJESTY’S SECRET SERVICE starring AFTM client George Lazenby as 007 directed by Peter Hunt) and Pink Panther franchises, as well as the iconic role of Maya in popular sci-fi series SPACE: 1999, the story off camera is all together more human and real. An abusive husband, her father’s surrender to Alzheimer’s, her brother’s paranoid schizophrenia, and a dominant and passionate mother, all play their part in her tale.
In 2016, the first part of her memoirs was published under the title A Constant Alien. The second part, When God Was Out For Lunch, was published in 2018.
Catherine is based in France and represented worldwide by Anders Frejdh.
Check out the IMDB page for more details about her acting career, https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0770711/
A selection of recent press articles
- Collider – https://collider.com/the-munsters-catherine-schnell-image-zoya-krupp/ (published January 17, 2022)
- MovieWeb – https://movieweb.com/the-munsters-catherine-schell-casting/ (published January 14, 2022)
- The Gerry Anderson Podcast – https://www.gerryandersonpodcast.com/episode/pod-136 (published January 18, 2021)
- France Bleau – https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/culture-loisirs/ex-james-bond-girl-vivant-en-haute-loire-catherine-schell-se-souvient-de-sean-connery-1604162961 (published October 31, 2020)
- Radio Times – https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/dracula-cast/ (published January 3, 2020)