Gloria Hendry stands as one of the legendary figures of The Black Renaissance in Hollywood in the early 1970s. She worked at the New York Playboy Club as a model for brands such as Chevas Regal, Kool and Virginia Slims cigarettes, Ballantine Beer, and Planters Peanuts.
Starring in the James Bond adventure, LIVE AND LET DIE with Roger Moore, Hendry found herself much in demand in film and television during the mid-70s. She made her mark in films such as BLACK CAESAR, SLAUGHTER’S BIG RIP OFF, HELL UP IN HARLEM, and SAVAGE SISTERS before temporarily retiring from acting.
After a few television roles, she returned to the big screen for directors who had grown up watching her films from the 70s like Jeff Burr, Charlie Matthau, Frank Weston, and Robert D. Parham.
Her memoir, “Gloria” was originally published in April 2008. She’s currently working on an updated version titled Gloria Hendry, 007 Bond, Bunny, and Black Renaissance “IFM”. This book is about a young lady’s pursuit for success through love, excellence, free will, and truth. In the process, she realizes that how well she handles her problems, will influence the measure of her success.
Gloria sings professionally, appearing for live performances regularly in the Los Angeles area.
Gloria Hendry is available for acting, endorsements, celebrity appearances, and as a vocal performer.
Gloria is based in Los Angeles and represented worldwide by Anders Frejdh.
Check out the IMDB page for more details about her acting career, https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0376914/
A selection of recent press articles
- SpyHards Podcast – https://podfollow.com/1526729282/episode/88bd112859c1b38e4e271f001eea5e411578f9e3/view (published January 24, 2023)
- B.Z. Berlin – https://www.bz-berlin.de/unterhaltung/warum-bond-girl-gloria-hendry-vor-der-kuss-szene-knoblauch-ass (published January 19, 2023)
- Best Life – https://bestlifeonline.com/bond-girl-gloria-hendry-now-news/ (published April, 2022)
- VOA (Voice of America) – https://www.voanews.com/a/first-african-american-bond-girl-reflects-on-what-her-role-meant-at-the-time/6311200.html (published November 12, 2021)
- The Independent – https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/last-bohemians-podcast-release-date-b2101929.html (published June 15, 2022)